Four Week Course
Thurs, May 19 – June 9, 2022
6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Taught in English and Spanish
(Members have a 20% discount with code)
“Free your inner child.”
The purpose of this course is to put you in touch with the spontaneity and curiosity you had in your childhood.
Meant for beginner and intermediate students who want to explore working with the right side of the brain or emotional side. Students are going to connect with their intuitive intelligence with a series of exercises that are based on the willingness to improvise rather than logic and planning.
This Course requires exploration and discovery, rather than objective analysis, simply responding sensitively to the work. It’s offering artistic freedom, not right or wrong, simply enriching and enjoying the process more than the results.
Participants will be guided based on their individual skills and will have constant evaluation while drawing. Individual instruction will be provided according to how they are developing through the proposed exercises following demonstrations and individual critiques focusing on spontaneous compositions.
Class #1: Automatic Drawing. Get loose
● Making marks on the paper without planning
● Lines, doodles and squiggles
● Capturing the first impulse
● Intuitiveness and Spontaneity
● Responding to the marks made before
● Keeping going back and forth until you like what you see
Class #2: Line and Marks
● Working no objectively
● Working with Flux Narratively
● Variety and Diversity of lines
● Directions and motion
● Lines’ tones and values
● Lines expressiveness
● Darkest and Lightest areas and the modulations between
Class #3: Rhythm and Repetition
● Repetition of a Motif
● Playing with the gird
● Repetition of Multiple Motifs
● Shape Motif repetition
● Rhythmic repetition
● Rhythmic Drawing
Class #4: Geometric and Organic Shapes
● Geometric Shapes
● Three Shapes Composition
● Static and Directional
● Organic Shapes Compositions
● Simple and Complex
● Angular and Curvilinear
About the Instructor
Pablo Contrisciani earned his Masters in Fine Arts, Painting at Facultad de Bellas Artes, National University of La Plata, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
He has participated in several solo and group exhibitions locally, nationally and internationally. His work forms part of public and corporate collections from USA, Latin America and Europe. Pablo is an Oolite Arts alumnus (1998-2006 and 2010-2015) and works as a painting instructor since 1998.
- Pencils HB, 1B, 2B, 4B, 1H, 2H (one each)
- 1 eraser
- 1 sharpener
- 2 Charcoal pencils
- 1 Set of charcoal bars
- 1 Black Ink 4 oz
- 1 Set of four sizes soft square brushes: 1/8” flat brush, 1/2” flat brush, 3/4” flat brush, 1” flat brush.
- 3 Square Bristle brushes: 1 1/2” flat bristle brush, 2” flat bristle brush, 2 1/2” flat bristle brush.
- 1 set of 3 soft round brushes: small, medium, and big size.
- 1 set of 3 bristle round brushes: small, med, and big sizes.
- 12 sheets 18 x 24 inches of regular drawing paper
- 1 sketchpad 12 x 18 inches
- 1 medium sketchbook 9 x 12 inches
- 1 small sketchbook 5 x 7 inches
- 1 masking tape
- 2 8oz Empty cans for water
- Rags or paper towels
- 1 set of Graphite bars
- 1 Easel to work vertically
- Black artist pens or markers: Superfine point, fine point, medium point & amp brush (one each)