This 2-day workshop will guide beginners students to strengthen their skills through a classical approach to perspective. Using a step-by-step method to learn drawing a frontal, single-point perspective and a two points perspective. Students will learn a way of bringing the appearance of 3D in a 2D drawing, creating the illusion of reality.
Master hand-eye control in drawing, demonstrations, drawing time, and individual critiques focus on understanding the key points of perspective and the concept of depth.
Master drawings will be discussed to understand their strengths and the techniques and processes employed.
- Learning to see and study Depth
- How to represent in drawing the illusion of 3D space
- Horizon Line
- Vanishing points
- Single-point perspective
- Two-points perspective
- Demonstrations using several images as visual references.
- Various points of view.
- Objects in perspective.
- Sketching using perspective
- Shading, Tonal scale. Contrast, light, and shadow in perspective.
- Sketching perspective with shading.
- Sketching according to the theme using pencil or/and ink.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Pablo Contrisciani earned his Masters in Fine Arts, Painting at Facultad de Bellas Artes, National University of La Plata, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
He has participated in several solo and group exhibitions locally, nationally and internationally. His work forms part of public and corporate collections from USA, Latin America and Europe. Pablo is an Oolite Arts alumnus (1998-2006 and 2010-2015) and works as a painting and drawing instructor since 1998