The Ellies Creator and Teacher Travel Awards Official Terms and Conditions Sponsored by Oolite Arts
1. Award Descriptions: The Ellies Creator Awards support working artists with grants of $2,500 to $25,000 to realize a significant visual arts project that will advance their careers. ArtCenter is looking for bold ideas that speak to our community and our times. The Ellies Teacher Travel Grants will provide three K-12 teachers with $5,000 in funds for travel that will ultimately enrich their classroom curriculum. By encouraging teachers to explore and share art experiences with their students, these grants will help create the audiences that our museums and arts organizations need to thrive. Applicants must write a maximum 300-word essay describing where they would travel with the grant, and why.
2. Entry Period/Eligibility: Entries for The Ellies Creator and Teacher Travel Awards (the “Awards”) will be accepted beginning at 10:00 AM ET on April 21, 2021 and ending at 6:00 P.M. ET on May 17, 2021 (the “Entry Period”). The Awards are open only to residents of the County of Miami-Dade, Florida (“County’), (the “Residency Requirement”), who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. A “resident” is defined as a person who lives in Miami-Dade Florida at least 182 days a year. In addition, in order to qualify for the Teacher Awards, you must be an art teacher in grades k-12 in any public or private school located in the County. Employees of the Oolite Arts (“Sponsor”) and its respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Awards , and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns (“Awards Entities”), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter. Federal, state and local government employees, with the exception of the teachers, are ineligible to enter. All entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Terms and Conditions and by the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Terms and Conditions; and (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. All interpretations of these Official Terms and Conditions and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Awards are final and binding.
3. Entry Requirements:
Creator Award Entry: The Creator Awards support working artists with grants of $2,500 to $25,000 to realize a significant visual arts project that will advance their careers. ArtCenter is looking for bold ideas that speak to our community and our times.
- Entrants must fill out the online application form.
- Entrants can join as an individual or a team, however, if entering as a team, a designated team leader, chosen by the entrant, must meet the Residency Requirement and be a visual artist.
- Submission must meet the following requirements (the “Submission Requirements”).
- The artwork must be original work (concepts in the public domain are allowed) and created solely by the entrant. Further, the entry must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any third party person or entity.
Teacher Travel Award Entry: Teacher award will provide three K-12 teachers with $5,000 in funds for travel that will ultimately enrich their classroom curriculum. By encouraging teachers to explore and share art experiences with their students, these grants will help create the audiences that our museums and arts organizations need to thrive.
- Teacher Award entrants must fill in the online application and submit a maximum 300-word essay describing where they would travel with the award grant, and why.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Terms and Conditions and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. Entries that violate the Terms and Conditions and/or the Submission Requirements will be disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering the Awards, entrants agree that each entry becomes the property of Sponsor and that the Sponsor may use such entry for any proper purpose. Any personally identifiable information collected during an entrant’s participation in the Awards will be collected by Sponsor and used by Sponsor, its respective affiliates, agents and marketers for purposes of the proper administration and fulfillment of the Awards as described in these Official Terms and Conditions.
Entries for the Teacher Awards will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and Originality
- Potential Impact on the Community
- Quality of the essay
4. Awards: Winners of the Creator Awards will receive grants of $2,500 to $25,000. The number and amount of Creator Awards granted will be determined based on the quality of the entries as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Three (3) winners of the Teacher Travel Awards will be selected. Winner of the Teacher Travel Awards will each receive a $5,000 travel grant that must be used by October 2022. The total ARV of all the Creator Prizes will be an amount up to $410,000.
5. Judging Criteria:
Entries for the Creator Awards will be judged based on the following judging criteria:
- Previous experience in producing similar or other high-quality projects;
- Creativity and originality of the project;
- Potential impact on the community;
Preference will be given to artists who partner with museums, alternative spaces or other local nonprofit arts organizations.
All entries will be judged by a panel of artists chosen by Sponsor whose decisions are final.
6. Winner Selection/Verification: The potential winners of the Awards (“Award Winner(s)”) will be notified in October 2021 using the contact information provided on the entry. Potential Award Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability and where legally permissible a publicity release within ten days following attempted winner notification. Failure to return the required documentation within this timeframe may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Award winner among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Award winner in the event that any potential Award winner fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. Potential Award winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence and identity. In the event of non-compliance by the potential Award winner such potential Award winner shall be disqualified an alternate potential winner may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received. All entrants grant to Sponsor, except where prohibited by law, the full permission and authority to use entrant’s name, picture and/or likeness, biographical information or voice and the submission for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Award Winners will be announced in October 2021.
7. General Terms: No substitution, transfer, or assignment of the Award, or any portion thereof, is permitted by an Award Winner. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to an Award Winner or potential Award Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Award. Each Award Winner must supply Sponsor with a complete and valid IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the Award. The value of the Award is taxable to each Award Winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Award Winner for the actual value of Award if the award is $600 or greater. Sponsor is not responsible if the Awards event cannot take place, or if any Award cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sponsor. If, for any reason the Award Event is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Award Event , Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Award Event t or any part of the Award Event. As permitted by applicable law, entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in the Award Event and/or the use, misuse or redemption of an Award and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sponsor. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in Awards, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries or other errors appearing within the Official Terms and Conditions or any other materials relating to the Awards or Award Event. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Awards and Award Event; (ii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iii) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Awards Entities into disgrace; (iv) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the Awards; or (v) to be acting in violation of these Official Terms and Conditions. Any violation of these Official Terms and Conditions by an Award Winner will result in such Award Winner’s disqualification. You agree that, by entering the Awards, you and Sponsor are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE AWARD EVENT MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR, AND ADMINISTRATOR IF APPLICABLE, RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITED BY LAW. THE FLORIDA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE AWARDS AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA SHALL GOVERN THE AWARDS. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THESE COURTS.
8. Request for Names of Winners and Official Terms and Conditions: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Winners must be made by December 23, 2021. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: SPONSOR Attention: Dennis Scholl, 924 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach, FL 33139
9. Sponsor: This initiative is sponsored by Oolite Arts.