Four Week Course
Monday, Oct. 17 – Nov. 7, 2022
6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Taught in English and Spanish
(Members have a 20% discount with code)
This is an ideal online course for beginner and intermediate students who want to improve their painting skills and learn a step-by-step process to make interior landscapes paintings with acrylics. This course is suitable for new students or a continuation for those who took previous painting classes.
This four-week course will cover preliminary drawing, color combination, paint application, light, tones, values, form, texture, composition, and the use of brushes.
Students will use two painting reproductions from Jim Holland and Carol Rabe as visual references.
The class meets online once a week for four consecutive weeks.
Class 1 and 3
- Presentation of Interior Landscape Painting images in art history (first class).
- Drawing using an image as a visual reference.
- Color Theory and Practice and palette setup.
- Start painting the background.
Class 2 and 4
- Completion of the painting.
- Color application and comparison.
- Paint application and brushstrokes.
- Light and shadows.
- Sense of depth in an interior landscape painting.
- Sense of unity and balance of the composition and final details.
About the Instructor
Pablo Contrisciani earned his Master in Fine Arts, Painting at Facultad de Bellas Artes, National University of La Plata in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
He has participated in several solo and group exhibitions locally, nationally, and internationally. His work forms part of public and corporate collections from the USA, Latin America, and Europe. Pablo is an Oolite Arts alumnus (1998-2006 and 2010-2015) and works as a painting instructor since 1998.