Studio Residency Program
Oolite Arts 2022 Studio Residency Program offers studio spaces at our Miami Beach location for exceptional visual artists working in a range of disciplines. In addition to engaging with a community of artists, renowned curators, arts professionals, and institutional partners in Miami, Oolite Arts Residents are provided the space from which to develop their practice and are invited to actively participate in Oolite Arts’ programs such as exhibitions, public programming, studio visits, and our community outreach initiatives.
- Studio spaces between 175-600 square feet located on Miami Beach
- Free parking (based on availability)
- Use of Oolite facilities including a flex lounge, Printshop, and large format inkjet printer
- Opportunity to engage with local, national and international curators, artists, as well as participate in studio visits, exhibitions, public programs, and community outreach initiatives.
- Access to an expanded network of practitioners from a variety of disciplines and professional development workshops.
- Wi-Fi access
- 24-hour studio access
- At the completion of the program, access to Oolite Arts alumni opportunities
Eligibility and Requirements
Please apply only if you are a practicing artist who:
- Is in need of space and time to develop their practices and are committed to actively engage in Oolite Arts programming.
- Is able to commit to working in their studio 12-15 hours per week.
- Has the ability to commit to participating in exhibitions, public programming, studio visits, and our community outreach initiatives.
- Is seeking to engage in Miami’s artist community and take advantage of Miami’s cultural offerings.
What You Need to Apply
A full application includes:
1. Full contact information
2. A short statement of intent addressing why you want to join Oolite Arts’ Studio Residency Program and what you hope to accomplish over the course of one year (max 500 words)
3. A brief description of your practice/research (max 150 words)
4. CV or resume
5. Up to 10 images, 10 pages of written material or 10 video links of recent work
6. Three references (Please provide the name, email address, telephone number and address of three references who know you on a professional level and can comment on your recent work and artistic development)
January 10, 2022 – December 15, 2022 with the possibility of extending into a second full-year term.
Applications are now closed
Cherese Crockett at 305-674-8278 ext. 311 or via email at [email protected]