Oolite Arts opened its doors to the public in 1984. It has an annual operating budget of $3.7 million and an endowment of $90 million. The Company has 14 employees and a Board of Directors presently composed of 15 members.
Through its artist residency program, exhibitions, direct support to artists, studio art classes, educational programs, outreach programs, art film programs, community events and curatorial lectures, the Center is recognized as the leading visual artist support organization of Miami-Dade County.
Oolite Arts is seeking a full-time Membership Development Manager. The Ideal candidate is an energetic dynamic leader who is excited to create a membership program through collaboration with colleagues and special events. The manager is responsible for the growth and maintenance of the programs, including renewals and member events. The manager oversees membership, data entry, and analysis of the membership base and special events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adheres to the established policies and procedures of Oolite Arts
• Develops and manages Oolite Arts’ membership
• Works with the CFO to create and monitor an annual budget of revenue and expenses associated with membership programs
• Develops compelling programs to increase membership and member retention
• Researches and implements best strategies in stewardship, renewal and upgrading of current members
• Evaluates effectiveness of membership program services, benefits, and policies, relating to retention and acquisition of members on a regular basis
• Improves the metrics measuring engagement by members ultimately leading to improved retention results
• Leads cultivation and engagement of the community by building relationships with individuals and organizing events and partnerships
• Serves as primary representative of the Oolite Arts Membership program on a daily basis, and at all Membership events, including exhibition openings, special events, and members-only events
• Manages data resources, including providing data and metric analysis; ensures database is accurate and up-to-date
• Develops solicitation campaigns including creative development, copy writing and analysis/ROI
• Contributes to Oolite Arts publications regarding membership and special events activities and acts as the content manager for membership and special event information on the company website and social media
• Fosters an environment of creativity and superior guest service
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field; a minimum of three (3) years of applicable experience working in a membership-based institution or non-profit required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency in Blackbaud, Salesforce, or comparable Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Ability to integrate strategically the goals of the membership program with the broader goals of Oolite Arts
• A demonstrated understanding of philanthropy and special events
• Experience working with an integrated (CRM) system
• Strong critical thinking and technical skills
• Calm and collected demeanor, willingness to support the team at every level
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to juggle numerous projects with attention to both process and people
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively across departments in a team environment
• Must have a guest focus and a commitment to excellence
• Detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills required
• Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends as scheduled
• Excellence in English language (oral and written) required; preference for bilingual Spanish and/or Creole.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those as employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is usually done indoors in a climate-controlled environment and usually quiet. Occasionally, the work may entail interacting with Oolite Arts’ visitors and in an outdoor environment.
The Membership Development Manager’s compensation level is commensurate with experience and includes a strong benefits plan, including health insurance, and 401(k) matching.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION:
Applicants should submit a resume, a one-page narrative describing interest and experience, and three references. Applications will be reviewed by the Company’s senior management. Candidate recommendations are welcome.
Send resume and accompanying materials to: Email: [email protected] Subject: Membership Development Manager.
Oolite Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.