Oolite Arts is seeking a part-time Communications Coordinator responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of communication strategies to promote the organization’s mission and brand.
The role requires an excellent communicator and creative mind with strong attention to detail. The goal will be to provide administrative and content production support to the communications department and ensure consistent messaging across all channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in maintaining web content and social media posting
• Participate in brainstorming sessions for content creation
• Maintain a physical and digital archive of newspapers, magazines and other publications featuring the organization
• Upload content to public calendars
• Assist with the creation of copy for a variety of social media platforms
• Organize and rename images and caption list for press & media
• Ensure proper image resolution for print and digital media
• Help with the monthly metrics report
• Proofread press releases, brochures and other marketing collateral as needed
• Prepare check requests and credit card request forms
• Maintain program attendance report
• Facilitate effective internal communications
• Collaborate with colleagues in other departments, including programs, facilities and accounting
• Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Arts Administration or Art History
• Previous experience in non-profit marketing preferred
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (in Design, Illustrators, Photoshop)
• Knowledge of video editing software, newsletter platforms, and WordPress
• Ability to take initiative and handle multiple projects with varied timelines
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Social media experience
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proficient in Altru a plus
• Knowledge of Spanish/Creole is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those as employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is usually done indoors in a climate-controlled environment and usually quiet. Occasionally, the work may entail interacting with Oolite Arts’ visitors and in an outdoor environment.
The Communications Coordinator’s compensation level is commensurate with experience.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
Applicants should submit a resume and a one-page narrative describing interest and experience. Applications will be reviewed by the Company’s senior management. Candidate recommendations are welcome.
Send resume and accompanying materials to: Email: [email protected] Subject: Communications Coordinator
Oolite Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.