Four Week Course
Sat, Jan. 9 to 30, 2021
10 a.m. -1 p.m. ET
Taught in English and Spanish
(20% discount for Members with code)
This is an ideal workshop for intermediate to advanced students who want to improve their painting skills and have previously taken classes with Pablo Contrisciani. The class meets once a week for four consecutive weeks.
Students will expand their visual vocabulary and work on their technique. During the workshop, they’ll get the chance to explain what they want to accomplish by sharing their current work, which will also be used to determine both their skill level and the areas where the instructor can be of help.
This workshop will allow students to express their personal style while also exploring painting techniques. According to each student’s subject matter, a wide variety of both conventional and unconventional methods of composition will be taught. Individual instruction, demonstration and exercises will assist the student in developing a unique body of work.
Students will have constant support/critiques during the class. The time is limited to each student given the unique format of the class. Be sure to have questions prepared in advance to make the most of your time.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Pablo Contrisciani earned his Masters in Fine Arts, Painting at Facultad de Bellas Artes, National University of La Plata, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
He has participated in several solo and group exhibitions locally, nationally and internationally. His work forms part of public and corporate collections from USA, Latin America and Europe. Pablo is an Oolite Arts alumnus (1998-2006 and 2010-2015) and works as a painting instructor since 1998.
You will need the following materials for this workshop:
- Acrylic paints: ultramarine blue, emerald green, titanium white, cadmium red medium, cadmium yellow light, black, orange cadmium, crimson red, dioxizine violet, phthalo blue
- 3 palette knives (metal or plastic) medium, small and large
- One set of four sizes Bristle brushes: 1/8” flat bristle brush, 1/2” flat bristle brush, 3/4” flat bristle brush, 1” flat bristle brush.
- 16” x 19” acrylic disposable paper palette
- 2HB pencils, one eraser, one sharpener
- 1 Stretched canvas, Canvas boards or Canvas pad.
- 2 8oz Empty cans for water
- Rags or paper towels
- You can purchase materials from the following online retailers Amazon, BLICK & Michaels.