Thurs, October 11 – November 15, 2018
Introduction to Adobe Premiere
Beginner to intermediate
This class will instruct students on how to use Adobe Premiere, the popular editing software used in everything from amateur projects to major Hollywood productions. Students will be provided with example footage and will be taught how to start applying basic skills immediately. A personal laptop with a subscription to Adobe Premiere is required.
Students will learn basic editing skills, including how to:
· Import footage, create sequences, work with photos and organize your bin.
· Create cuts, edit cuts, and use tools to make basic cuts.
· Work with audio – adjust volume, create transitions and insert key frames.
· Color correct your video with Lumetri scopes and color wheels.
· Create titles and color mattes – and learn about safe margins.
· Render your video for the web and other locations.
About Sadiki Edwards:
Born and raised in New Orleans, Edwards’ passion for filmmaking began at age 14 when he made a documentary about the damage Hurricane Katrina did to his community. After completing a BA in Film at the Miami International University of Art and Design, Edwards worked as an editor for companies such as Discovery and CBS. Edwards currently does freelance videography and editing work on documentaries and music videos, in addition to teaching editing in Avid and Premiere at New York Film Academy.
Thurs, Oct. 11 – Nov. 15, 2018
7:00 – 9:00 pm
924 Lincoln Road
Miami Beach, FL 33139