Oolite’s LED Arts program guides junior and senior high school students in the development of a professional portfolio for applying to specialized art colleges. The program focuses on helping students advance their practice, write artist statements and gather the necessary materials for admission to visual arts colleges and to obtain scholarships.
The program consists of nine sessions, providing concrete guidance on art school requirements, application processes, critical thinking, artist statements, the organizing and photographing of artwork, and finding scholarships.
This is an in person program that will take place at Oolite Satellite Space, 7297 NW 2nd Ave.
Oolite Arts will provide basic art supplies such as paper, pencils, scissors, etc. Each student will need to provide their own materials for their specific discipline.
- Application Opens: August 15th, 2023
- Info Session with parents and applicants: August 29th, 2023 5:45pm – 6:45pm
- Online office hours #1: September 5th, 2023, 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Online office hours #2: September 12th, 2023, 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Application Closes: September 14th, 2023
- Program Starts: October 10th, 2023
2023 Program Dates:
- October 10, 2023
- October 17, 2023
- October 24, 2023
- October 28, 2023: FIELD TRIP 10:00am – 12:00pm
- October 31, 2023 : Halloween: NO CLASS.
- November 7, 2023
- November 14, 2023
- November 21, 2023: Thanksgiving break: NO CLASS
- November 28, 2023
- December 5, 2023
- December 12, 2023
- Contact Information
- Current school information
- Short statement of intent explaining why you want to be part of the LED Arts Program and what you expect to gain from it
- Short description of your artistic interests
- File upload: Please upload 5 images of your work. Each image/video/ or audio file must be labeled in this format: title_date_size_media *
- File Upload: 1 drawing made from observation. Each image/video/audiofile must be labeled in this format: title_date_size_media
- Professional Portfolio Development for art college applications
- Guidance and support for students lacking resources in their home schools
- Increased chances of admission to visual arts colleges
- Assistance in finding scholarships for art education
- Concrete guidance on art school requirements and application processes
- Advancement of artistic practice and critical thinking skills
- Networking opportunities with artists and South Florida Institutions
- Transportation Stipend
- Oolite’s staff and art educators will review applications to ensure completeness and eligibility.
- Eight to ten students will be invited to participate in the program.
Applications are now closed
Please contact Programs Coordinator Catalina Aguayo at [email protected]
What is the LED Arts program?
LED Arts is Oolite Arts portfolio development program for junior and senior highschool students who want to build their portfolios to apply to specialized art school universities across the country.
When will applications open and close?
Applications will open on August 15th, 2023 and close on September September 14th, 2023.
Who is eligible to participate?
The program is open to Junior and senior highschool students in Miami-Dade County who want to pursue an art career.
How will the artists be chosen?
The artists will be chosen by a panel of art educators and Oolite staff.
Is attendance mandatory?
Since this is a short program (9 sessions), attendance is mandatory in order to get the most out of the residency. Students who miss 2 consecutive sessions or 3 non-consecutive sessions will be considered for removal from the program.
Who should I contact with any questions I may have?
Please contact Catalina Aguayo at [email protected] or by phone at 305 674 8278 ext 315
Will materials be provided?
While we will provide general materials such as sketchbooks, pencils, paper, etc. Each student must bring their own materials for their specific discipline.