Two Day Workshop
Mon, Dec. 6 + 13, 2021
Taught in English and Spanish
(Members have a 20% discount with code)
This virtual course is ideal for beginner and intermediate students who want to improve their painting skills and learn a step-by-step process to make a landscape painting with acrylics. No previous painting experience is required. The class meets once a week for two consecutive weeks.
These two classes will cover preliminary drawing, color combination, paint application techniques, light, tones, values, form, texture, composition, and the use of brushes.
Students will use one or two landscape reproductions as a visual reference. A Claude Monet’s marina or countryside landscape.
Presentation of landscape images in art history.
Drawing using an image as a visual reference.
Color Theory and practice and palette setup.
Start painting the background.
Completion of the painting.
Color application and comparison.
Paint application and brushstrokes.
Light and shadows.
Sense of depth in a landscape painting.
Alla Prima painting.
Sense of unity and balance of the composition and final details.
About the Instructor
Pablo Contrisciani earned his Masters in Fine Arts, Painting at Facultad de Bellas Artes, National University of La Plata, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
He has participated in several solo and group exhibitions locally, nationally and internationally. His work forms part of public and corporate collections from USA, Latin America and Europe. Pablo is an Oolite Arts alumnus (1998-2006 and 2010-2015) and works as a painting instructor since 1998.
You will need the following materials for this workshop:
- Acrylic paints 4 oz or 8 oz: Ultramarine blue, emerald green, titanium white, cadmium red light, cadmium yellow light, black, orange cadmium, alizarin crimson red, dioxizine violet, phthalo blue.
- 3 palette knives (metal or plastic) medium, small and large.
- One set of four sizes Bristle brushes: 1/8” flat bristle brush, 1/2” flat bristle brush, 3/4” flat bristle brush, 1” flat bristle brush.
- 2 stretched canvas 18” x 24”
- 16” x 19” acrylic disposable paper palette.
- 2 HB pencils, one eraser, one sharpener.
- 2 Empty cans for water.
- Rags or paper towels