The PRINTshop provides a fully furnished printmaking studio with access to a Charles Brand etching press, brayers, general tools, cleaners, drying rack, silkscreen darkroom, flat file storage, etc.
Prior printmaking experience is required. Before using the facility, you must attend a PRINTshop orientation session or have recently taken a multi-week class that includes an orientation.
The PRINTShop offers beginner and intermediate classes that grant artists and designers access to our facilities during open shop hours.
Open Shop Hours:
Mondays 3 – 7 p.m.
Wednesdays 3 – 6 p.m.
Thursdays 2 – 8 p.m.
Take a class, get authorized to use the studio and take advantage of newly added professional equipment included in our Hourly with Materials rate ($10).
New Materials in the PrintShop include:
– 24 newly stretched screens for silkscreen printing: 22” x 24” screens
– Full palette of professional grade Spectrachem textile screenprinting inks.
– New assortment of paper screenprinting inks – ideal for posters, and fine art prints.
– Bright liquid dyes and dye-printing chemicals great for natural fabric dyeing and textile printing.
In addition to the standard set of resources readily available to artists at the Oolite PrintShop:
– Charles Brand Printing Press (bed size = 28” x 50”)
– Brayers and Block-printing Ink
– Etching needles and burnishers
– Plexiglass in various sizes for monoprinting
– Ryonet Professional Exposure Unit (36” x 50”)
– Squeegees, spatulas, color mixing tools for Screenprinting
- $5 per hour*: Includes use of the following General Equipment: Charles Brand etching press, exposure unit, wash-out stations, spatulas, squeegees, brayers, screens, scissors, rulers, X-Acto knives, paper cutters, etching equipment, mono printing plates.
*This fee does not include use of consumable materials
- $10 per hour*: Includes use of general equipment AND consumable materials** such as: screen printing inks, block printing inks, emulsion, emulsion remover, cleaning supplies, plate processing items, newsprint.
* Price per hour based on small sized projects with limited print runs. For larger projects that include extensive use of inks, emulsion, or other consumable materials, please consult the Resident Print Artist to arrange an appropriate rate.
**Not included: paper, fabric, or other substrates you intend to print on.
- Membership discounts do not apply.