Sun, Nov. 11, 2018
Garry Winogrand: All Things are Photographable
Join us for Art Films, a movie series by and about artists over brunch and bottomless mimosas.
This edition will feature the first Miami screening of Garry Winogrand: All Things are Photographable, which world premiered at SXSW in March 2018. The screening will be followed by a post-screening conversation with William Maguire, professor of photography at Florida International University and a former student of Winogrand’s.
It will be moderated by Dr. Elizabeth Shannon, Curator of the Contemporary Arts Program and Special Projects at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.
- Brewed French Roast Coffee, Decaf, Assorted Teas and Infusions
- Mimosa’s, Fresh Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, Filtered Water
- Morning Pastries + Breads; Muffins, Scones,
- Zak’s Sourdough Rye,Culture Butter, Fruit Preserves
- Scrambled Farm Eggs
- Herb-Olive Roasted Potatoes
- Traditional American Breakfast Sausage
Garry Winogrand: All Things are Photographable is the first documentary film on the life and work of photographer Garry Winogrand – the epic storyteller in pictures of America across three turbulent decades of the 20th century. Celebrated in his lifetime and quickly forgotten after his death, Garry Winogrand is nonetheless your visionary ancestor – even if you have never published an image in a magazine or hung a print on the wall of a museum. His “snapshot aesthetic,” once derided by the critics, is the universal language of contemporary image making.
$35 General admission
$5 for Oolite Arts Alumni + Resident Artists
(email [email protected] for the discount code)
- BRUNCH: 11:30 am (Brunch will be served next-door at Charcoal)
- FILM: 12:30 pm
- Followed by a post-film discussion with Dr. Elizabeth Shannon
90 NW 29th St,
Miami, FL 33127