Four Week Course
Mon, Oct 23 – Nov. 13, 2023
6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Taught in English and Spanish
(Members have a 20% discount with code)
This is an ideal online course for beginner and intermediate students who want to improve their painting skills and learn a step-by-step process to paint an Impressionist Garden picture. This course is suitable for new students or a continuation for those who took previous painting classes.
This four-week course will cover preliminary drawing, color combination, Acrylic paint application, light, tones, values, form, texture, composition, and the use of brushes.
Students will use two Impressionist Gardens Paintings reproductions from Claude Monet as a visual reference. After registration, you’ll receive a link with the images to download on your computer or print.
The class meets virtually once a week for four consecutive weeks, students will complete two paintings during this session.
Class 1 and 3
- Presentation of Impressionist Gardens Paintings samples.(First Class)
- Drawing using one image as a visual reference.
- Color theory and palette setup.
- Start painting the background.
Class 2 and 4
- Completion of the painting.
- Color application and comparison.
- Paint application and brushstrokes.
- Light and shadows.
- Sense of depth in a landscape painting.
- Alla Prima painting technique.
- Sense of unity and balance of the composition and final details.
About the Instructor
Pablo Contrisciani earned his Masters in Fine Arts, Painting at Facultad de Bellas Artes, National University of La Plata, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
He has participated in several solo and group exhibitions locally, nationally and internationally. His work forms part of public and corporate collections from USA, Latin America and Europe. Pablo is an Oolite Arts alumnus (1998-2006 and 2010-2015) and works as a painting instructor since 1998.
You will need the following materials for this workshop: