This is an ideal course for beginner and intermediate students who want to improve their painting skills and learn a step-by-step process to make landscape paintings with acrylics. This course is perfect for new students or a continuation for those who took previous classes last year.
Classes will cover preliminary drawing, color combination, paint application, light, tones, values, form, texture, composition, and the use of brushes.
Students will use two landscape reproductions as a visual reference, a Claude Monet’s marina and a Michael Serrano’s countryside landscape.
The class virtually meets once a week for four consecutive weeks. See below the class breakdown.
First and Third class
• Presentation of landscape images in art history.
• Drawing using an image as a visual reference.
• Color Theory and practice and palette setup.
• Start painting the background.
Second and Fourth class
• Completion of the painting.
• Color application and comparison.
• Paint application and brushstrokes.
• Light and shadows.
• Sense of depth in a landscape painting.
• Alla Prima painting.
• Sense of unity and balance of the composition and final details.