3 Week Course
Thurs, July 23, 30 + Aug 6, 2020
10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Taught in English and Spanish
Zoom.us (sign-in instructions will be sent upon registration)
This course will cover the fundamentals of painting with acrylic paint. The class will cover color combination, form, texture, composition and the use of brushes and other painting tools.
The students will learn a step-by-step process to make a painting. The first class will focus on color theory and practice, color blending, and the application of paint on the canvas with explanations and demonstrations. The instructor will explain how to set a color display on their palettes that will provide best practices for color application and mixing colors.
In the second and third classes, students are going to make a landscape painting. Through demonstration and explanation of landscape painting, using an image of a reproduction of Monet’s painting, the instructor will explain how to make a landscape drawing on the canvas; how to apply the paint correctly with the brush; different kind of brushstrokes; how to apply the paint with palette knives; how to paint Alla Prima and how to create a sense of depth in a landscape painting. Throughout the entire course, the instructor will answer questions and critique.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Pablo Contrisciani earned his Masters in Fine Arts, Painting at Facultad de Bellas Artes, National University of La Plata, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
He has participated in several solo and group exhibitions locally, nationally and internationally. His work forms part of public and corporate collections from the USA, Latin America and Europe. Pablo is an Oolite Arts alumnus (1998-2006 and 2010-2015) and works as a painting and drawing instructor since 1998.
You will need the following materials for this workshop:
- Acrylic paints: ultramarine blue, emerald green, titanium white, cadmium red medium, cadmium yellow light, black, orange cadmium, crimson red, dioxizine violet, phthalo blue
- 3 palette knives (metal or plastic) medium, small and large
- One set of four sizes Bristle brushes: 1/8” flat bristle brush, 1/2” flat bristle brush, 3/4” flat bristle brush, 1” flat bristle brush.
- 16” x 19” acrylic disposable paper palette
- 2HB pencils, one eraser, one sharpener
- 2 Stretched canvas, Canvas boards or Canvas boards (16″ x 20″).
- 2 8oz Empty cans for water
- Rags or paper towels
- You can purchase materials from the following online retailers Amazon, BLICK & Michaels.